CALL FOR PAPERS
The Editorial Committee invites research and technical papers, case studies, technology updates, etc. related to the theme and sub-themes of the Seminar. The paper submitted should have been neither published anywhere nor kept under consideration for publication. All papers will go through a process of review and accepted papers will be allowed to present at different technical sessions. Only a selected number of high quality papers will be published in the Seminar Proceedings. Correspondence will be made with the principal author. The Editorial Committee will have the right to edit the papers. The papers should be submitted in two versions (print and soft copy) as under:
(a) Soft copy as e-mail attachment to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) Print version to : The General Convener, KLA National Seminar-2013, Kerala Library Association, 36, II Floor, Kairalie Plaza Annexe, Karamana P.O., Thiruvananthapuram– 695 002, Kerala
Timeline for Paper Submissions
Receipt of full paper with Abstract: 05 May 2013
Submission of final version (revised after reviewer’s comments): 31 May 2013
Paper acceptance notification: 05 June 2013
Submission of slide presentation: 01 July 2013
Seminar dates: 12-13 July 2013
Guidelines for submission of papers
- Abstract along with the full paper need to be submitted for approval to the Editorial Committee by the date announced. The full paper will be reviewed by the reviewers appointed by the Editorial Committee for acceptance/modifications.
- The paper may be limited 2500 – 3000 words. All papers should be typed on Microsoft Word using Times New Roman/Arial font with 12 pt. size. Paper size should be A4, Portrait (8.5” * 11”) using 2.0 spacing with margins 1” (top, bottom and right), and 1.5” (left). Headings & sub headings must be in bold font, justified and numbered according to level of heading as below (First Level Heading, 1.1 Second Level Heading, 1.1.1 Third Level Heading). All illustrations, figures, and tables should be placed within the text at the appropriate points, with numbers and captions. Reference/bibliographies may be cited as per APA format prescribed by American-Psychological Association (http://www.apastyle.org)
- Title of the paper – title should be concise and expressive of the content; a sub-title may be added if required. The main title should be followed by name, affiliation and address of the author(s) with e-mail ID and contact numbers. All papers must be accompanied by one passport size colour photograph together with a brief CV.
- The length of the abstract should not be more than 250-300 words in italics. At least 5 keywords must be given after the abstract t with bold face.
- KLA shall have the first publication rights to papers presented at the Seminar. Authors of the selected papers should have to submit a Declaration Form for ‘Copyright Transfer’ and ‘Authorization Note’ for Paper Editing (which may be downloaded from https://klanationalseminar2013.wordpress.com)
BEST PAPER AWARD
One paper will be selected from among the papers presented at the seminar (excluding invited lectures) and given with the “Best paper Award”.